Small fire prompts evacuation of Valley AJ's store - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Small fire prompts evacuation of Valley AJ's store

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Scottsdale Fire Department) Light fixture that caught fire. (Source: Scottsdale Fire Department) Light fixture that caught fire.
SCOTTSDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

A quick-thinking employee appears to have saved the day and prevented a major fire at a Scottsdale grocery store.

Fire crews were called to an AJ's store on Via Linda Road near 101st Street early Sunday morning.

A light fixture had caught fire but an employee grabbed a fire extinguisher and put the blaze out.

The store was evacuated while firefighters made sure the fire didn't spread.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2012 CBS 5 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow