Saturday, May 18 2013 11:59 PM EDT2013-05-19 03:59:26 GMT
A man was shot in the leg Saturday night inside of BREC's Hooper Road Park, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not considered life-threatening. The victim told investigatorsMore >>
A man was shot in the leg Saturday night inside of BREC's Hooper Road Park, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not considered life-threatening. More >>
It's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials...More >>
Some lucky person walked into a Publix supermarket in suburban Florida over the past few days and bought a ticket now worth an estimated $590.5 million - the highest Powerball jackpot in history.More >>
Saturday, May 18 2013 9:39 PM EDT2013-05-19 01:39:50 GMT
A 12-year-old boy accidentally shot his 8-year-old brother in the shoulder Saturday afternoon, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not life-threatening. The accidentMore >>
A 12-year-old boy accidentally shot his 8-year-old brother in the shoulder Saturday afternoon.More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 7:41 PM EDT2013-05-17 23:41:51 GMT
The director of the East Baton Rouge Companion Animal Alliance admits her city-parish shelter messed up big time Friday."We take full responsibility," Beth Brewster, CAA director "CAA takes full responsibilityMore >>
The director of the East Baton Rouge Companion Animal Alliance admits her city-parish shelter messed up big time Friday.More >>
At the corner of Plank Rd. and Scenic Highway sits a Chevron gas station. It's off I-110 near Memorial Stadium. Around 10 p.m.Sunday, a family stopped here to get gas. "Upon our arrival, we located threeMore >>
A man said he, his wife and his daughter were all punched because they were in the "wrong neighborhood" when they stopped to get gas at night. More >>
SALEM, AL (WTVM) -
A house fire claimed the life of one person Thursday morning in Salem, Ala.
News Leader 9's Annie Hubbell was first on the scene.
A home caught on fire in the Haley Woods subdivision in Salem at 22 Lee Road and claimed the life of 45-year-old Kimberly Renee Tucker Bailey.
A call came in from a passerby around 9:15 CST Thursday morning, and volunteer fire squads from Salem and Crawford responded to the scene within five minutes.
Bailey was found in the burning structure and was declared dead at the scene.
Neighbors were shocked when they first discovered the home fully engulfed in flames.
"I was just praying this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, something just had me to stay up and pray and when I opened the door around ten something me and my husband saw the house going up in flames, a lot of smoke," said resident Haley Woods.
Neighbors also tell News Leader 9 that the people who lived at the home are some of the oldest residents in the subdivision who always lent a helping hand when needed.
We will keep you updated with the latest details of this home fire and the victim as they come in.