2 cups cooked 100% Louisiana Cajun Country Long Grain Rice
½ cup pine nuts, divided
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered and seasoned to taste with salt and pepper
½ cup fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
½ cup olive oil
½ tsp. salt
- Cook 100% Louisiana rice according to package instructions
- To make the pesto, process basil, garlic and ¼ cup pine nuts in a food processor or blender until finely chopped.
- Add the olive oil and salt and blend until smooth.
- If it is too thick, thin with a little more oil.
- In a bowl, mix the pesto sauce with enough rice to suit your preference.
- Add tomatoes and remaining pine nuts and mix well.