1 Whole Packer brisket (11 to 12 pounds)
½ cup black pepper
½ cup salt
2 Tbsp paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
1. Pre-heat your smoker to 250 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients of brisket rub and set aside
3. Trim your brisket leaving about 1/8 inch of fat across the surface. Remove hard parts of fat.
4. Season liberally with brisket rub
5. Add pre-soaked wood chunks to hot coals.
6. Place brisket on smoker and let cook for 8 to 10 hours.
7. Once the brisket has cooked for 8 hours check the internal temperature. You want it to be around 160 degrees.
8. Wrap the brisket in heavy duty tin foil and place back on smoker and let cook until the internal temperature reaches 190 to 200 degrees.
9. Pull brisket, wrap in a towel, and place in a cooler.
10. Let the brisket sit for 1 to 2 hours so that it can re-absorb some juices.