1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAFB-TV 844 Government Street, Baton Rouge,LA 70802; Goodwood Hardware and Outdoors, 7539 Jefferson Hwy Baton Rouge, LA 70806; ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 5:00am Monday, May 12, 2013 CST and ends at 7:00pm, Wednesday, July 3, 2013 CST. Entries must be received by 9:00pm, Friday, May 31, 2013 CST. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of all Louisiana Parishes who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc.,WAFB-TV, Goodwood Hardware and Outdoors, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual nominee will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is (1) one way to enter this promotion. Individuals can log on to www.wafb.com/9chefs, complete the online entry form and nominate himself/herself or another amateur chef by providing a current photo of the nominee and an essay explaining why their nominee should be considered. The individual is responsible for obtaining permission to nominate from their nominee. Entries must be received by 9:00pm, Friday, May 31, 2013 CST in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
Entrants agree to not submit material that is defamatory, indecent, obscene, or infringes on anyone else's intellectual property rights. Entrants represent that by entering into this promotion that they solely own the copyright to any pictures submitted and grant to WAFB a unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual right to display and/or broadcast such pictures on WAFB television channels and/or internet, websites, including but not limited to using the photograph for commercial and/or promotional purposes.
4. Prize(s). Grand Prize Winner will receive: (1) One Green Egg – (Size yet to be determined) from Goodwood Hardware and Outdoors; and (1) gift card from Oak Point Fresh Market (value yet to be determined). The Sponsors do not provide any warranties for the prize(s). To the extent that any warranties are offered, they are offered by the manufacturer. Prizes and prize values are subject to change as determined by the WAFB Producers.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. From the entrants 9 semi-finalists will be chosen to participate in a cooking competition based on cooking expertise and audience appeal. All semi-finalists will be notified using the contact information provided on the on-line entry form (by phone or email.) From the 9 finalists 1 Grand Prize Winner will be chosen by the judging panel. Decisions of the judges are final. WAFB and the sponsors reserve the right to change the location and dates of the competition. The contest and competition date will be during the week of June 16, 2013
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by July 31, 2013 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAFB-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAFB-TV if WAFB-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAFB-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAFB-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAFB-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WAFB-TV 844 Government Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 or visit the website at www.wafb.com between July 8, 2013 and July 31, 2013.