Thursday, December 12 2013 11:51 AM EST2013-12-12 16:51:15 GMT
Authorities said just under 100 parents were arrested this week because their school-age children have excessive unexcused absences. Officials in East Baton Rouge Parish said 99 people were issued summonsesMore >>
Authorities said 99 parents were arrested this week because their school-age children have excessive unexcused absences.More >>
A North Texas teen from an affluent family was sentenced to probation this week after he killed four pedestrians when he lost control of his speeding pickup truck while driving drunk, a punishment that outraged the...More >>
"Affluenza," the affliction cited by a psychologist to argue that a North Texas teenager from a wealthy family should not be sent to prison for killing four pedestrians while driving drunk, is not a recognized diagnosis...More >>
Wednesday, December 11 2013 11:58 PM EST2013-12-12 04:58:48 GMT
A long-term narcotics investigation results in the arrest of a Baton Rouge man late Tuesday evening.Bruce Causey, 40, was arrested after a search of his home revealed nearly four pounds of cocaine, 116More >>
A long-term narcotics investigation results in the arrest of a Baton Rouge man late Tuesday evening.More >>
MEMPHIS, TN -
(WMC-TV) – Neighbors rescued an elderly couple out of a burning home in Southeast Memphis overnight.
It happened just after midnight on the 2900 block of Basswood Street.
Investigators say the fire began in the garage and quickly spread throughout the home. Two neighbors saw the flames, broke a window, and saved the couple inside.
"I did what I think any average person would have done, because when someone's life is in danger…I knew I had to help or do something," said Larry Redwood who helped rescue the couple.
The fire damaged a home next door and two vehicles in the driveway. One of the rescuers hurt his hand, but he is expected to be okay. Two firefighters were treated for minor burns.
The two people rescued from inside the burning home are okay.
Investigators say faulty electrical wiring started the fire.