BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The man suspected of calling in a bomb threat at LSU was scheduled to be in court Friday, but his hearing was reassigned.
William Bouvay Jr., 42, will instead go before a district judge for arraignment on Oct. 11.
The East Baton Rouge District Attorney's Office has charged Bouvay with communication of a false bomb threat to a school.
He faces federal charges of communicating false information of a planned bombing on school property.
That charge alone carries up to 20 years in prison.
A hearing in federal court is scheduled for Oct. 9.
In the police report from the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office, what Bouvay said to the 911 operator was recorded.
"Yes, I've planted three bombs at LSU's school campus. My colleagues planted three bombs at LSU to go off in two hours if my (pause). This is not a joke. I'm gonna go there and... (call disconnected)."
According to the report, detectives tracked the cell phone call to Skysail Avenue in Baton Rouge. While police were in the area, they found Bouvay.
Detectives said they questioned Bouvay and he eventually confessed to making the call. Bouvay also told detectives where they could find the cell phone used to place the threatening call, the report says.
LSU police said Bouvay was accused of harassing a professor in the past. His police record shows arrests for marijuana and a few violations of restraining orders."Thanks to good old fashioned police work as well as technology, an arrest has been made," said LSU Police Chief Lawrence Rabalais.
The campus was evacuated around 11:30 a.m. Monday after officials received a phone threat. Students that live in residence halls were left waiting for word it was safe to return.
Officials said they were left with no choice but to evacuate. Students said they understood the cautious approach.
When some 35,000 students, faculty and staff were told to evacuate from campus, the buildings were quickly cleared, and no one was injured.
It was traffic that became a major problem.
The threat came in the wake of bomb scares at several other large universities around the nation last week.
Residents living on campus were allowed back into their dorm rooms just after 8 p.m. and the entire campus was given the all clear around 11 p.m.
All 250 buildings on campus had to be checked first.