ONLY ON 9 NEWS AT FIVE: Police say a Louisiana woman in the Air Force wanted to avoid her upcoming deployment, so she had her husband shoot her to avoid having to go.
LATER ON 9 NEWS AT SIX: Sources say Southern officials have asked Stump Mitchell to resign. WAFB's Steve Schneider will have the latest on this developing story.
- FEMA has approved assistance for three more parishes impacted by Hurricane Isaac.
- Angry protests over an anti-Islam film spread across the Muslim world Friday, with demonstrators scaling the walls of U.S. embassies in Tunisia and Sudan.
- Ten drivers were arrested early Friday morning at a police sobriety checkpoint.
- The man who was once the prime suspect in the disappearance of a teen girl in the Lafayette area has been released from jail and the charges dropped.
- Police have arrested the man suspected of pulling the trigger in the shooting death of a Baton Rouge teen in June.
Mainly Dry for Saturday, Rains Return on Sunday Jay Grymes and Steve Caparotta will have your weekend weather tonight at 5, 6, 9 and 10.