COMING UP ON 9NEWS AT FIVE: U.S. officials are investigating whether an attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya that killed four people, including an ambassador, was a planned terrorist strike or a spontaneous mob assault. WAFB will have more on this developing story.
LATER ON 9NEWS AT SIX: Gator season was supposed to start August 29th, but Hurricane Isaac pushed the start date back. WAFB's Tyana Williams talks to hunters that say this year's catch is below average.
- A man wanted in three other states has been arrested for an alleged scam to steal a truck and money.
- Potty training can be stressful for many parents, but one Utah mother took the process a little too far.
- Tight End Tyler Edwards, linebacker Tahj Jones, linebacker D.J. Welter and offensive lineman Evan Washington will not play this season for the Tigers.
- Apple unveiled the new iPhone 5 and its features, as well as new iPods, headphones and a redesigned iTunes. Customers will be able to pre-order the phone starting Friday, Sept. 14.
- A Texas boy who was found in March after having been kidnapped eight years ago as an infant has begun getting to know his parents through weekly joint therapy sessions with them.