COMING UP ON 9NEWS AT FIVE: The suspensions of Saints LB Jonathan Vilma, DE Will Smith and two other former Saints players have been overturned. WAFB's Steve Schneider will have more.
THEN ON 9NEWS AT SIX: Last week, Hurricane Isaac kept some LSU fans from game day activities. Some of the Tiger faithful tell WAFB's Kelsey Davis nothing else will keep them away from campus this season.
- Hundreds of unemployed people in Louisiana will be back on the job for a little while. The Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) has money to pay them for storm cleanup.
- Police are searching for a man in connection with a deadly shooting on Appleton St.
- A EBR Parish Prison employee is on the other side of the bars after being accused of stalking his ex-girlfriend.
- Months after the Supreme Court struck down a majority of Arizona's immigration law, a federal judge upheld the most controversial of the provisions amidst protests it would lead to state-sanctioned racial profiling.
- Auburn and Mississippi State are set to engage in an epic struggle. The new guys get baptized. A couple of moderately interesting games dot the landscape and the rest are going to be bloodbaths.