Pork and Sauce:
1 ½ lb Pork tenderloin
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
3 oz butter
1 red onion, sliced
2 to 3 Asian pears, sliced
6 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup brown sugar
1 and 1/2 qt pomegranate juice
2 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp granulated garlic
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Slice pork into 4 oz medallions.
3. In a separate bowl, combine black pepper, paprika, granulated garlic, chili powder, salt and cayenne, mix well and liberally and season pork medallions.
4. In a heavy pan, melt the butter over medium high heat, add the pork medallions a few at a time, browning on all sides. Remove from pan and reserve for later cooking.
5. Once the pork has been browned, add the onions and cook until translucent.
6. Add pear slices and cook for three (3) minutes, next add garlic and cook an additional minute.
7. Combine brown sugar with pomegranate juice and add to the pan, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Adjust seasoning as desired.
8. Place reserved pork medallions in a roasting pan, pour pomegranate mixture over the pork, cover with aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven, cook for one (1) hour.
2 quarts Chicken Broth or Stock
8 oz butter (2 sticks), reserve half for later use
1 large onion, diced fine
4 tbsp garlic, minced fine
3 cups Arborio Rice
½ cup heavy cream
2 ½ cups parmesan cheese, grated
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a sauce pot, bring chicken stock to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cover.
2. In a separate sauce pot, add half of the butter, melt over medium heat, add the onions, cook without browning until translucent.
3. Add garlic; continue to cook for 2 additional minutes.
4. Add the rice and stir to completely coat with butter.
5. Increase heat to medium high; add 1 ½ cups reserved hot stock. Stir occasionally until liquid has been absorbed.
6. Add an additional cup of stock and repeat. Continue this process until all of the stock has been absorbed.
7. Remove from heat and add heavy cream, remaining butter, and cheese.