Kentucky-Style Black BBQ Mop Sauce - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Kentucky-Style Black BBQ Mop Sauce

Kentucky Black BBQ Mop Sauce - Chef Jackson Rouse, SmoQ

INGREDIENTS:

2 tsp vegetable oil

1/4 cup minced onion

1/4 cup plus 2 TB distilled white vinegar

1/2 cup plus 2 TB Worcestershire sauce

2 TB plus 1 tsp light brown sugar

2 tsp fresh lemon juice

1/4 tsp ground black pepper

1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce

scant 1/2 tsp ground cloves

1/2 tsp Kosher salt

Heat vegetable oil over moderate heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion is soft and light golden brown.  Add remaining ingredients, stir, and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes (sauce will thickent slightly).

Prepare outdoor grill for indirect heat, or preheat smoker to 225 degrees.  When coals are gray and ashed over, place 2 handfuls of soaked woodchips directly on them.  Place ribs on grate, bone side won.  Cover and cook for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, periodically adding more coals as needed.  Baste with mop sauce, and throw handfuls of soaked woodchips onto coals every hour.  Keep temperature from going below 225.  Ribs are done when the rub has created a crispy, blackened "bark", and the meat has pulled away from the bone.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly