Saturday, May 18 2013 11:59 PM EDT2013-05-19 03:59:26 GMT
A man was shot in the leg Saturday night inside of BREC's Hooper Road Park, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not considered life-threatening. The victim told investigatorsMore >>
A man was shot in the leg Saturday night inside of BREC's Hooper Road Park, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not considered life-threatening. More >>
It's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials...More >>
Some lucky person walked into a Publix supermarket in suburban Florida over the past few days and bought a ticket now worth an estimated $590.5 million - the highest Powerball jackpot in history.More >>
Saturday, May 18 2013 9:39 PM EDT2013-05-19 01:39:50 GMT
A 12-year-old boy accidentally shot his 8-year-old brother in the shoulder Saturday afternoon, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not life-threatening. The accidentMore >>
A 12-year-old boy accidentally shot his 8-year-old brother in the shoulder Saturday afternoon.More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 7:41 PM EDT2013-05-17 23:41:51 GMT
The director of the East Baton Rouge Companion Animal Alliance admits her city-parish shelter messed up big time Friday."We take full responsibility," Beth Brewster, CAA director "CAA takes full responsibilityMore >>
The director of the East Baton Rouge Companion Animal Alliance admits her city-parish shelter messed up big time Friday.More >>
At the corner of Plank Rd. and Scenic Highway sits a Chevron gas station. It's off I-110 near Memorial Stadium. Around 10 p.m.Sunday, a family stopped here to get gas. "Upon our arrival, we located threeMore >>
A man said he, his wife and his daughter were all punched because they were in the "wrong neighborhood" when they stopped to get gas at night. More >>
ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA (WAFB) -
The St. Francisville community is picking up the pieces after a fire ripped through several historic buildings today. Residents say it was quick action by firefighters and a great community that kept more history from being lost.
"There's going to be a very substantial fire loss. And, other than knowing that the fire started in portion of the building, that's all I can tell you," said Thomas Robinson, St. Francisville Fire Chief.
When the St. Francisville Fire Department got to the Blue Horse Saloon this morning, the flames were roaring. It didn't take long before the historic building landmark was burnt to a crisp.
"It was the 3-V café when I was growing up here, and I don't know what it was before that," said Chief Robinson.
"The little gift shop was actually a dance hall back in the 20s or 30s, and it's a shame to lose it," said Dawn Savell, owner of Bohemianville Antique shop.
While residents were shocked to see such a beloved part of St. Francisville's history destroyed, some refused to stand by and watch more of the town's history burn. Just one thin wall separated the burning Blue Horse Saloon from Dawn Savell's Bohemianville Antique Shop.
"The people in this community were here before me bringing stuff out, so I don't think we even lost anything," said Savell. "Just thanks to everybody who has been so helpful. This community is just wonderful."
Another nearby business owner, Laurie Welsh, says she wasn't surprised by her neighbors actions.
"I think the cool think about St. Francisville is that sense of community. When something happen, everybody pitches in," said Laurie Welsh, owner of the St. Francisville Inn.
A way of life that St. Francisville residents hope will last forever.