Wednesday, June 19 2013 1:47 PM EDT2013-06-19 17:47:57 GMT
DENVER (KUSA/CNN) - A military widow wants to know why another woman's name is engraved on her husband's headstone. She discovered the mistake while visiting his grave at Fort Logan Cemetery in Denver. "IMore >>
A military widow wants to know why another woman's name is engraved on her husband's headstone.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 9:29 AM EDT2013-06-19 13:29:19 GMT
NEW WEST MINISTER, CANADA (WAVE) - A second grader with a disability was seemingly shunned during a class picture. For Anne Belanger, the photo was completely unacceptable. Her son, Miles, was pushedMore >>
A second grader with a disability was seemingly shunned during a photo shoot at his elementary school.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 12:32 PM EDT2013-06-19 16:32:33 GMT
The search for a missing 10-month-old boy from Birmingham is over. Birmingham police say he and his alleged captor were found in Dallas, Texas around 11:30 Tuesday night. A missing child alert was issuedMore >>
The search for a missing 10-month-old boy from Birmingham is over. Birmingham police say he and his alleged 14-year-old captor were found in Dallas, Texas around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday night.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 3:13 PM EDT2013-06-19 19:13:33 GMT
A Baton Rouge couple and their five children are safe and are thankful they survived a fire that destroyed their home early Wednesday morning.More >>
A Baton Rouge couple and their five children are safe and are thankful they survived a fire that destroyed their home early Wednesday morning. The father was at work when the fire started and the mother jumped into action to get her children out of the house.More >>
RUSTON, LA (KSLA) -
Burning text books may have been the cause of the fire that burned down the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house at Louisiana Tech in Ruston Saturday afternoon.
"I think some of the guys that were maybe doing an end of year celebration and burning some books or whatever, so we'll look into that," says Sophomore and Pi Kappa Alpha president John Chestnut.
Fire investigators will be looking for evidence that burning books were the source of the blaze, and confirm they have been told where it may have started. "Law enforcement was told that someone had started a fire in the chimney, whether to cook or for whatever reason, I don't know," says Ruston Police Department Lt. Tim Parker.
Parker says there were five students in the house at the time of the fire, which spread to an apartment building next door. All escaped unharmed. Two firefighters were injured when the roof of the fraternity house collapsed as they were cutting a hole for ventilation. One suffered a broken pelvis while jumping to safety and another suffered a knee injury. A third was treated for heat exhaustion.
Parker says what was initially reported as an explosion was actually a plume of smoke created by the collapse of the two-story building, known around campus as Pike House.
Both the fraternity house and the apartment building were destroyed.