BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A Baton Rouge staple that has been closed for months is now open once again after a fire ripped through the building late last year.
Mike Anderson's restaurant was a dream turned into reality for the Anderson family back in 1983. Since then, four fires set the eatery ablaze, and each time the business has bounced back.
For the last three months, people have driven past the familiar Mike Anderson's sign on West Lee Drive past Nicholson and Burbank.
Investigators believe William Wise set the restaurant on fire in mid-December.
Now Mike Anderson's is serving up seafood once again. You may not recognize the restaurant itself; that's because Mike Anderson Sr. says it has been completely modernized.
"From the front to the back, the dining room, the bar, a lot of brick and different kinds of aquarium," said Anderson Sr.
For the regulars wondering about the food, Anderson says all your favorites are still on the menu.
"You can't go to too many places and get food as good as this...especially seafood," said restaurant-goer Nona Karpinsci.
Of all the fires at Mike Anderson's, the one in December is the only one investigated as an arson.
The restaurant is planning a grand re-opening Saturday.