Thursday, December 19 2013 9:46 PM EST2013-12-20 02:46:43 GMT
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal issued a statement Thursday morning in support of Phil Robertson, following his suspension from the A&E show ‘Duck Dynasty' due to comments the star made in an interview. "Phil RobertsonMore >>
"It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended," Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said in a written release. More >>
Thursday, December 19 2013 8:34 AM EST2013-12-19 13:34:37 GMT
A Baton Rouge woman is facing charges for cruelty after she allegedly left her small children alone in an unoccupied home on Tuesday, December 17th. Danielle Nicole Richard, 21, was booked and chargedMore >>
A woman is facing cruelty charges after she allegedly left her three small children alone in an abandoned home Tuesday.More >>
Thursday, December 19 2013 4:36 PM EST2013-12-19 21:36:22 GMT
One of the owners of a failed Baton Rouge gym was sentenced to more than three years in prison Thursday. Matthew Scott Bernard, a co-owner of Powerhouse Gym, was sentenced to 41 months (3 years, 5 months)More >>
One of the owners of a failed Baton Rouge gym was sentenced to more than three years in prison for bank fraud Thursday.More >>
Thursday, December 19 2013 1:47 PM EST2013-12-19 18:47:19 GMT
(RNN) - A&E Television has suspended Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson, according to a statement from the network obtained by several media outlets. In a profile piece on the family, Robertson told GQMore >>
A&E Television has suspended Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson, according to a statement from the network obtained by several media outlets.More >>
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -
Do you feel bad? Do you think you have the flu? It is possible, but if you're still up and around, it's not likely. So, how do you can you tell whether it is a cold or the flu?
Doctors say everyone should get a flu shot. It lowers the risk of getting the illness up to 90 percent. That leaves 10 percent and those who refuse to be vaccinated prime targets. But it is cold season too.
"The flu typically hits very abruptly. Al of a sudden you have a high fever, muscle aches body aches there's a lot of nasal congestion and typically a lot of cough," says Dr. Michelle Flechas, OLOL Physician.
The aches and pains that come with the flu can make it next to difficult to even get out of bed.
"When you have a cold you may have a 99 degree fever, you have some congestion, you have some cough, but you can still get out of bed," said Dr. Flechas.
With over the counter meds, people with colds generally feel better in a day or so. Flu symptoms can last up to seven days, sometimes longer. So far, it has been a mild flu season in Louisiana.
"It takes about two weeks for the flu shot to take effect, so if the flu isn't going to hit until the end of February, if you get your vaccine today, you're still protected," said Dr. Flechas.
The thing about mild flu seasons is that it can change anytime. Think of a flu shot as insurance for when or if it does.
According to the CDC, the number of flu cases in Texas has moved slightly ahead of what doctors are reporting here. With people traveling back and forth, it probably won't be too much longer until we start seeing an up tick in the illness here.
The seasonal flu generally begins around October and runs through March. Here are some important reminders to help prevent the spread of any type of infection or illness as recommended by the Louisiana