What are your favorite things to cook your family? Once you have submitted your recipe, we'll post it online with your name and state for everyone to see.More >>
Canola oil (for oiling grill)
Pizza Crust, made in advance (recipe follows)
½ cup Italian extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed for brushing and drizzling
1 ½ ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ¼ - inch thick slices (about 5 slices)
1/3 cup chopped fresh tomato (about ½ medium tomato)
½ (packed) cup baby arugula, rinsed and spun dry
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Clean the grill grates With a stiff brush, then oil liberally to prevent sticking. (Note: To use a grill pan, preheat a lightly oiled grill pan to medium-high heat.)
2. Brush the top of one formed pizza crust with olive oil. Using your fingertips, lift the dough off the flour-dusted parchment paper, and slide onto the grill, oiled-side down. Within a minute the dough will begin to bubble and grill marks will appear.
3. When the crust becomes generously brush the top With olive oil, then quickly flip over. Using tongs, rotate the pizza as needed to evenly cook the crust and avoid any hot spots.
4. Scatter the cheese and tomatoes evenly over the pizza; drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Check the underside of the pizza often to make sure that it doesn't burn. The pizza is done when the toppings are hot and the crust is crisp and cooked through.
5. Transfer the pizza to a cutting board with a large spatula (cake lifter) or a metal pizza peel. Cut into the desired number of slices.
6. Place the arugula in a medium bowl, and drizzle with about tablespoon of the olive oil; add the vinegar, and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish each pizza slice with the some of the arugula mixture; serve Warm or at room temperature.
Tips and Techniques:
Variations: Just about any combination of ingredients is delicious on this thin, crisp rustic pizza. From pepperoni to wild mushrooms, Parmesan and truffle oil, let your imagination run Wild With possibilities for creating fabulous pizzas.