- 6 cups of cauliflower
- 5 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/3 cup low fat parmesan cheese
- 2 TBSP low fat butter (e.g.: ipromise or Brummel and brown)
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 TBSP chopped chives
- Cut the top of the garlic horizontally, drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and wrap in foil. Place in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes to roast
- While the garlic is roasting, cook the cauliflower and red potatoes in lightly salted water until fork tender, approximately 20 minutes
- Once cooked, drain the vegetables and set them back on the stove
- After the garlic has roasted, add all of the cloves to the cauliflower and potatoes
- Add the butter and begin to lightly mash all ingredients together
- Proceed with adding the skim milk and parmesan cheese making sure to incorporate thoroughly
- Once you are ready to serve, sprinkle the chives and enjoy
This recipe is great for cutting excessive carbohydrates while still giving you the satisfying taste of regular mashed potatoes that you crave. It has a minute amount of carbohydrates and fat than the standard dish. AND THE BEST PART! Your kids won't even know that it's cauliflower!
This recipe yields 8-10 servings.