Two injured while escaping burning home

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Two people were injured while trying to get out of their home when it caught fire early Monday morning.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported it sparked in the 10000 block of Avenue H in north Baton Rouge around 2 a.m.

They believe the fire was caused by some type of electrical malfunction in the home.

The two people inside received minor injuries while escaping the flames and smoke.

By the time firemen pulled up to the scene, the pair had safely made it outside.

Investigators said the living room and part of the attic were destroyed by the flames.

The rest of the home received heavy smoke and water damage.

Copyright 2011 WAFB. All rights reserved.