1 long loaf French bread
2 green peppers (seeded and diced)
2 red peppers (seeded and diced)
1 pound bacon
2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican mix)
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
INGREDIENTS for Marinade
Tony Cacherie's Creole Seasoning
Sweet Baby Ray's Bar-B-Que Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut raw chicken breast in half down the middle.
- Mix marinade ingredients together (amounts should be according to your taste).
- Coat chicken with marinade. If you have the time, marinate meat in refrigerator for several hours or even overnight.
- Place bacon on a sheet pan with a rack and cook in 325 degrees F oven for 20 minutes or until golden crisp. Allow bacon to cool and break into pieces.
- While bacon is cooking, brown marinade covered chicken in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cut chicken into strips or cubes and set aside.
- Slice bread in half lengthwise and remove some of the soft center on each half so as to make a trench in which to place the filling. Brush bread with butter or olive oil and layer as follows: