"Come Back" Italian Bread is fast, easy and perfect for holiday gatherings. Or, wrap it up on a pan with the recipe to give as a gift. Your friends and family will be "coming back" for more!
1 loaf Italian or French Bread, sliced horizontally
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 package (16 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups sliced cooked Italian sausage
1 cup Militello's Specialty Gourmet Antipasta (Olive Salad)
2 tsp. red pepper
Creole seasoning or Italian seasoning to taste (about 1 to 2 teaspoons)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Split French bread down the middle, horizontally.
- Place butter, sour cream and mayonnaise over medium heat until bubbly.
- Turn off heat and add cheese, meat olives, pepper and seasoning (to taste).
- Spread over bread halves.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until bubbly. Slice and serve.