OFFICIAL PAPA JOHN'S BATON ROUGE AREA SCHOLAR PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAFB-TV, 844 Government Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 and Papa John's Pizza, Papa John's Pizza, 13365 Coursey Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70816 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 8:00am December 3rd, 2012 and ends at 11:59pm February 15th, 2013. Entries must be received by 11:59pm February 15th, 2013. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Louisiana, who are 15 years or older at the time of entry and must be a senior at one of the following schools: Ascension Christian High School. Baker High School,Baton Rouge Magnet High School, Belaire High School, Bethany Christian School, Broadmoor High School, Calvary Christian High School, Capitol High School, Catholic High School, Central High School, Central Private High School,Christian Life Academy, Denham Springs High, Dunham School, Dutchtown High School, East Ascension, Episcopal High School, Family Christian Academy, Glen Oaks High School, Hosanna Christian Academy, Istrouma High And Tech Academy, LSU Lab School, Live Oak High School, Madison Prep Academy, McKinley Senior High School, Parkview Baptist High School, Redemptorist Senior High School, Runnels High School, St Amant High, Scotlandville Magnet High School, Southern University Laboratory School, St Josephs Academy, St. Michael The Archangel High School, Tara High School, Walker High School, West Feliciana High School, Woodlawn High, School,and Zachary High. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAFB-TV, Papa John's Pizza, 7569 Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge, LA 70806, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 8:00am December 3rd, 2012, individuals can log on to www.wafb.com and complete the online entry form. Individuals can also enter by downloading an entry form at http://files.wafb.com/papajohns/PapaJohnsScholarsBR2013.pdf or obtaining an entry form at WAFB-TV, 844 Government Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802, and completing and mailing the entry form to WAFB-TV, 844 Government Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802. Entries must be received by 5:00pm February 15th, 2013. in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize(s). There will be thirteen $1,000 scholarship prizes awarded. Thirteen different winners will each receive a $1,000 scholarship prize.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Prizes will be awarded based on the decisions of an entry's reading committee comprised from the staff of Papa John's Pizza Baton Rouge. The committee members will consider the following when selecting scholarship winners: Grade Point Average, Community Involvement, Activities, Awards, Honors and the recommendation statement of the person entering the senior.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and the parent or legal guardian(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by May 1st 2013 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAFB-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAFB-TV if WAFB-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAFB-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAFB-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAFB-TV. are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WAFB-TV, 844 Government Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 or visit the website at wafb.com between March 16th 2013 and May 1st 2013.