2# cushaw squash, cleaned, seeded and medium diced
2 tbsp shallot, minced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 qt chicken or seafood stock
2 stalks lemongrass
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp smoked sea salt
1 pinch white pepper
1 tsp ancho chili powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 cup heavy cream
- In a medium sauce pot on medium fire sauté shallot and garlic in olive oil till tender.
- Add cushaw and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a low boil and then turn to a simmer, cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass stalks and bay leaf. Blend soup in food processor till smooth. (let soup cool a bit before blending to avoid a mess)
- Place soup back into pot and stir in heavy cream. Cook on low fire for 15 minutes and taste for seasoning.
- Add sauteed crabmeat to soup as garnish. Crabmeat sauté recipe follows.
1 tbsp butter, unsalted
1 tbsp scallions, minced
1# lump crabmeat, fresh and picked of shells
1 pinch sea salt
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp cilantro, fresh and minced