The robots are coming--and they want jobs. Here's what the experts say will happen by the year 2025.
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - When facing the task of handling a dispute over a mistake on your credit report score, you must be armed and ready.
At some point in your life, you will likely become familiar with the names Trans Union, Equifax and Experian. They are the credit reporting agencies.
Those names are important because if your credit score takes a hit through some mistake, you will need to do battle.
1. Start your dispute directly with the credit bureau, not the creditor.
2. Contact the creditor in writing. That way you can give them all of the disputed information with an actual letter.
3. You'll also want to keep all records of your dispute. If you send off stuff in the mail, send it "return receipt requested."
4. Take notes of any phone conversations, dates and the names of people you speak with. If you file online, make a copy of records.
5. Be patient. This can take months, but the payoff is big, because sometimes, companies can really mess up your business and it takes a while to unravel.
Click here for the real free once a year credit report , go to annual credit report.com.
Copyright 2010 WAFB. All rights reserved.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
WAFB FCC Public File
WBXH FCC Public File