10 people escape house fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

10 people escape house fire

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A fire forced family members to flee their home early Monday morning. They escaped the flames only to be caught in the cold and rain.

The blaze sparked a home on Winbourne Avenue near North Acadian around 3:45 a.m. Reports show 10 people were inside at the time. No one was injured.

Two women saw the fire and let some of the victims sit in their car. They showed up before any of the emergency crews.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department believes the fire was caused by a space heater left too close to materials that could ignite. Investigators said the blaze began in the den and then spread to the kitchen and living room.

Almost half of the home was damaged by the flames and the whole thing suffered smoke damage.

Copyright 2010 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly