Electrical fire damages four apartments - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Electrical fire damages four apartments

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - An electrical fire caused damage to four units of a Baton Rouge apartment complex Tuesday afternoon.

St. George fire crews arrived on the scene of the fire, located in the 11500 block of Perkins Road, around 3:40 p.m.

Firefighters reported flames were running up the back wall of the apartment unit and had also entered the attic space. Flames burned through some of the roof before being brought under control around 4:15 p.m.

The two upstairs apartments took moderate smoke and water damage, while the bottom two suffered mostly smoke damage. According to investigators, the fire started in the electrical wiring of an exterior wall-mounted security light.

The Red Cross was called out to assist victims, whose utilities were disconnected due to the fire damage.

Copyright 2010 WAFB. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly