Candle starts apartment fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Candle starts apartment fire

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - An apartment fire in the 1100 block of Jim Taylor Drive in Baton Rouge completely gutted a family's bedroom and caused heavy smoke damage Sunday afternoon.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported that a 3-year-old boy knocked a burning candle onto the bed where his father was sleeping. After waking his father, both escaped unharmed, according to officials.

No other units were damaged. Officials estimated damages at $37,000.

Copyright 2010 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly