BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A second witness took the stand and testified on tape Thursday in the attempted second-degree murder case against Denako Duheart.
Tarshetka Thompson's testimony was recorded for a jury to hear later.
District Attorney Hillar Moore is concerned because three witnesses against Duheart in another case died.
Thompson identified Duheart as the triggerman in a shooting near Scenic and Chippewa last month.
"We're just being cautious," Moore said. "He's presumed innocent. We did this once before. This is our second witness. We had a good day today and we're ready to go to trial."
Duheart remains in jail on a $200,000 bond.
- Previously accused murderer faces attempted murder charge
- Charges dropped against murder suspects
- Third witness killed in murder case
- Suspect wanted in Gayosa St. murder arrested
- Another suspect wanted in connection with a burned body found near Gayosa
- Man wanted in connection with body found burned on Gayosa St. turns himself in to police
- Police name a suspect in connection with burned body found Halloween Day