Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
4 tablespoons light margarine
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup flour
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
4 cups fat-free milk
2 cups frozen broccoli, chopped
2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
1 and 1/2 cups reduced fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over medium heat, add onion and cook until tender.
- Add flour; stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in broth. Heat until slightly thickened.
- Add milk, broccoli and potatoes. Cook over low heat about 15 minutes or until broccoli and potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese and seasonings.
- Yield: 1 cup, per serving