BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - East Baton Rouge Parish parents will have an opportunity to apply to get their kids enrolled in pre-kindergarten and register for kindergarten classes.
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System will be holding the Pre-Kindergarten/Kindergarten Round-Up beginning Jan. 26 for the 2010-11 school year.
Children will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, and screening may determine placement for the Pre-K Program. Tuition may be required for kids not receiving free/reduced meals in LA 4 schools, however, the program is free to those in Title I, BEST or 8 (g) Pre-K classes.
In order to enroll in Pre-K, kids must be 4-years-old by September 30, and 5-years-old to be enrolled in kindergarten.
The following items will be needed:
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's Social Security card
- Photo ID
- Up-to-date immunization record
- The last two current bills with a home address on them
Parents can apply at the following locations:
- Wyandotte Pre-K Center, 2525 Wyandotte St., 355-6197
- Rosenwald Pre-K Center, 2611 Dayton St., 355-9022
- Southdowns Elementary, 2050 Hood Ave., 346-1127
- Your local neighborhood school