12 cups popped corn
1 cup walnut halves
1/2 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 package (12 ½ ounces) candy corn
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine popcorn and walnuts in a lightly greased large roasting pan.
- In a heavy large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, molasses, and salt.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil.
- Boil 5 minutes WITHOUT stirring.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda. (Mixture will foam.)
- Pour syrup over popcorn mixture; stir until well coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on lightly greased aluminum foil to cool. Sprinkle candy corn over popcorn mixture. Store in an airtight container.