By David Spunt - email
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A massive fire Friday afternoon destroyed a Baton Rouge business.
It happened just after 3 p.m. on Hooper Road at the Service Distribution Incorporated Warehouse, a wholesale piping company.
The business owner was by himself when the fire broke out. According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, 40 to 55 firefighters with District 6, the Baton Rouge Fire Department, and the Central Fire Department helped out. Propane tanks were near by, but did not catch on fire.
A spokesman with the Baton Rouge Fire Department estimates the building is a total loss.