HealthSouth offers a comprehensive brain injury rehabilitaion program dedicted to providing the quality care neessary for maximum recovery following trauatic brain injury. Brain injury rehabilitaion is an intricate and challenging processs that requires a multidisciplinary approach to help patients regain the highest possible level of independence.
- Provide a quality rehabilitation program based on individual and family needs
- Restore the patient's abilities to their maximum level of function
- Educate the patient and family on brain injury and the rehabilitation process
- Provide ongoing support in a therapeutic environment
- Provide follow-up and referral to other resources to support the patient's continued recovery
- Acute rehabilitiation - an intensive physical, cognitive and psychosocial rehabilitation based on a comprehensive evaluation and geared toward a functional lifestyle, behavioral management and community re-entry.
- Day treatment - an intensive interdisciplinary therapy program that can stand alone or be used as a step down from inpatient care, for patients who do not (or no longer) need 24-hour nursing care.
- Outpatient rehabilitation - individualized, highly specific treatment designed to continue the patient's progress toward maximum independence
To meet the wide-ranging needs of brain injury patients, HealthSouth has assembled a team of rehabilitation professionals with the ability to pinpoint specific needs and goals in order to maximize recovery. Directed by a physiatrist, a doctor in physical medicine and rehabilitation, this team may include the following:
- Rehabilitation nurse
- Case manager
- Speech/Language pathologist
- Occupational therapist
- Physical therapist
- Respiratory therapist - as needed
- Nutritionist - as needed
Patients are accepted to the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program at HealthSouth by physician referral, and services are provided without regard to the patient's age, sex, color, race, national origin, creed or disability. All patients must be medically stable.
HealthSouth's rehabilitative services are covered under most major health insurance plans.
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Follow-up evaluation
- Referral to other programs or facilities that might assist with continued recovery
- Family education and training
- Discharge planning
For more information about the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program at HealthSouth, to schedule a tour, or to make a referral, call 225-927-0567.