Electric heater starts house fire in Baton Rouge

Electric heater starts house fire in Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge Fire Department

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - An electric heater started a fire early Monday morning in a Baton Rouge neighborhood.

Firefighters with the Baton Rouge Fire Department were called out to a house on Sherwood Street at around 6:23 a.m. The fire started in the back of the bedroom, and crews were able to put out the fire by 6:45 a.m.

The family was able to escape from the fire, but the family’s dog died in the fire.

Firefighters said smoke detectors were present in the house, and Red Cross responded to the fire.

Copyright 2019 WAFB. All rights reserved.