Small fire reported at BJ’s Brewhouse

Firefighters quickly extinguish fire at BJ's Brewhouse

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Firefighters with the St. George Fire Department responded to a small fire at BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse Thursday afternoon.

The fire happened around 3:25 p.m. at the restaurant, which is located at the Mall of Louisiana in the outdoor area. Officials with St. George say it was extinguished in about 20 minutes. No injuries have been reported at this time.

Officials say there were people inside the restaurant when the fire broke out. It was discovered when an employee smelled and saw smoke in the building. The fire began at the base of the stucco exterior wall. Officials say the smoldering fire got through the interior wall.

The cause was determined to be the result of an improperly disposed of cigarette.

Copyright 2018 WAFB. All rights reserved.