BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A man was found dead inside his burned home early Monday morning, according to fire investigators.
The St. George Fire Protection District reports it was called to a house fire on Meadowbrook Avenue, which is located near Perkins Road and Siegen Lane, around 4:30 a.m.
Eldon Ledoux, a spokesman for SGFPD, says about half of the home was burning, with flames shooting through the roof, when firefighters arrived at the scene.
He added the homeowner, identified as David Braud, 59, was found dead inside the burned home. He also stated Braud lived alone.
According to Ledoux, fire investigators and deputies with the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene.
He also stated the coroner was contacted. The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner’s Office reports Braud’s cause of death as carbon monoxide poisoning and has ruled the death accidental.
Investigators say they also do not suspect foul play.
Crews responded to a fire at the same address in August of 2017.
The fire remains under investigation.