(WAFB) - Below is a list of current road closures in the area.
I-10 widening project between Highland Road and LA 73 is ongoing. Click here for updates.
West Lakeshore Drive will be closed all day on Wednesday, January 16 between South Stadium Drive and Stanford Avenue for the street to be paved.
Bluebonnet Boulevard (LA 1248) will have intermittent lane closures from Wednesday, January 2 through Monday, February 4 between the intersections of I-10 and LA 42 (Burbank Drive). Closures will be from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday to Friday and 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. One lane of travel will be maintained at all times. This closure is necessary for concrete pavement patching and curb repair. There are no lane restrictions and no detours necessary. This closure is subject to change due to adverse weather conditions.
A 10-mile stretch of I-10 East and I-10 West on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge between the base of the bridge (MM 117) and Whiskey Bay (MM 129) will have alternating lane and shoulder closures. The closures are to allow crews to perform necessary deck and barrier rail repairs. The entrance and exit ramps will be open to traffic. Below is the schedule of the closures:
- Friday, January 4 at 9 p.m. through Saturday, January 5 at 7 a.m., weather permitting
- Sunday, January 6 at 8:30 p.m. through Thursday, January 10 at 5:30 a.m., weather permitting
- Friday, January 11 at 9 p.m. through Saturday, January 12 at 7 a.m., weather permitting
- Sunday, January 13 at 8:30 p.m. through Thursday, January 17 at 5:30 a.m., weather permitting
- Friday, January 18 at 9 p.m. through Saturday, January 19 at 7 a.m., weather permitting
Claycut Road between South Acadian Thruway and Marwede Avenue will be closed from Monday, July 23 until Tuesday, March 19, 2019 for the replacement of the bridge over Dawson Creek.
East State Street Bridge over Corporation Canal between Dalrymple Drive and Highland Road will be closed immediately (as of Thursday, July 12) for emergency bridge repair. The detour route will be Highland Road to Dalrymple Drive.
Beginning Monday, July 16 from 9 a.m. through 3 p.m., the eastbound left lane on US 190 (Florida Boulevard) will be closed to perform guardrail repairs. The point closure will be 1.2 miles East of US 61.